Wednesday, August 18, 2010

a quick update


I really did aim to sit down and finally write a real update. I've been neglecting this lately. So that was my goal. And then I got to talking with one of my wonderful roomies. And then a couple sweet girls dropped by and we played "home". We took turns being babies and crying for peanut butter. And now I'm finally getting to writing a post and I'm looking at the time thinking "I get up early, I still have a couple things to do to be ready for tomorrow... bed time soon!"

So here we go... a short update, but an update nonetheless.

The internship is over... it seems so long ago. Changes are made, people gone, others have come in, an entirely new schedule is taking over. Early rising made bearable only by my famous peanut butter-banana-plain yogurt-and-amazing-Mommy-home-made bread. It's truly my motivation to get me out of the bed in the morning. It was wonderful being back to them.

Classes are going fine. It's an adjustment having more than twice as many students as last semester. Large class sizes plus one more class than before means LOTS of students! I'm still trying to get names down. This year I'm really trying to focus on reaching low enough to reach the students who struggle a lot and teach them skills to help them get through. I wish I could be more personal, but with so many students, it's just hard.

And then after an exhausting long morning of teaching, followed by planning and grading and getting my ducks in a row, I'm trying to arrange my schedule and time so I still have energy to continue getting out and about in the wonderful community I'm living in. I always feel a little like I'm living on the edge, about to crash under the load of everything but still somehow staying safe on solid ground. But I doubt that other people's lives are much different. Job and ministry is a difficult balance. But I still can't fathom adding having a family! (or even a husband for that matter!) I take my hat off to you moms and dads. You amaze me. I don't think I'm tough enough for that.

Well, I have more thoughts and things swirling in my head. But I'm heading to bed. :) I'll leave with these pictures from a fun visit from the parents and Aunt Janet and Uncle Tom this past weekend!




1 comment: